HP Printer 79 service error often pops up in case of a corrupted print job. Some miscommunication between the spooler and the printer because of the outdated firmware may also result in showing up HP Printer error 79.One of the most frustrating moments when using a printer is when you get an hp printer error 79, more so when you don’t know what to do next.
Hp is a excellent and large printer brand today. Whether these are Inkjet or Laser printers, HP printers can be seen anywhere. HP printers offer superior print quality and print performance services to individuals. HP has now brought printer manufacturing to the next level and that is seen in their products. Now HP makes incredibly reliable and consistently durable printers. If you’re looking for the HP Printer solution to 79 Service Error HP Printer? Then don’t worry as I’m going to inform you how to fix this issue and the complete solution to it.
What are the Causes HP Printer 79 Service Error?
HP printer 79 error problems are caused by corrupted or outdated drivers, so you may need dedicated help in order to solve them. Download and install this driver updater tool to make sure you run their latest versions. Before troubleshooting HP printer 79 Service error, it’s vital to know each cause, so you can compare them onto your device and find the real trouble-maker.
Here’s the list of some causes:
Poor Wire Connection
Check the cables that are connected like a computer between the printer and your laptop. If there is some loose connection or broken cable, the only solution that will fix hp printer error 79 is to replace these.
Hardware means the HP printer’s motherboard, network or EIO card, DIMMs of printer, DIMMs firmware of printer, and Formatted board.
Test each one of them and ensure they’re in working condition.
Outdated printer’s firmware
If you see any yellow color sign next to printer’s driver in Device Manager Window then, most likely the error has sprouted because of corrupt or outdated HP drivers.The recently developed version of firmware is capable to perform better and applicable for fixing the issue. It is the major concern that which printer and what application has been installed on control panel for receiving update. It becomes essential for all HP alcoholic persons to update their firmware and other applications on regular basis.
If you have been switching off your HP printer after every few minutes then, this may corrupt the printer’s software. As a result of which, you may see HP printer error on screen.
Print from Unsafe Link
Trying to print a page from unauthorized link or webpage?
Then, either the file is infected or broken. So, scan the document or page before you pass print request for it.
Too Large Document
Sometimes, the file size is too large that HP printer error 79 code problem issue may occur during the print action only.
To get rid of this service error 79 on the HP printer like LaserJet Pro 400, it’s vital to divide the document into small sections and later-PRINT.
If the printer still bothers you then, learn to fix HP printer not printing error.
Weak Network Signal
Poor signal strength could be your carrier’s fault, or it could be because of signal-blocking materials in your home’s walls. Whatever the cause, you can boost that signal and get the maximum number of bars at home. Or, better yet, just use Wi-Fi calling on a modern phone. In case, the HP wireless printer error code 79 displays while you try printing some webpage from network then, poor Internet or router problem can be the cause.
Related Post:- HP Printer Error 49.4c02
How to Fix HP Printer Error 79?
Here are some of the steps given below, follow these steps in the given sequence to fix HP printer error 79. These given steps are very less time consuming and easy to understand. But still, you need any technical support then you can contact the HP Printer Support.
If you are facing the issue where your printer has a malfunction then you can be certain that these steps will assist you to fix the issue:
- first, you need to turn on that HP printer.
- You must then see that your printer is linked to the internet connection, i.e. wireless internet or mobile internet.
- Now, in this step, you need to see what the printer’s IP address is.
- Return to the printer now and go to the Home Screen and go to the option Settings.
- After entering configurations, the printer firmware must be checked and the printer software updates checked.
- If software exists, let the printer download and wait for the firmware update to be installed by the printer.
- Check that the printer works okay and print the records after the firmware has been upgraded.
Hp laserjet printer error 79 occurs when a print job gets stuck:
- First and foremost, press and hold windows key on your keyboard, while holding it tap letter R.
- A run window will pop up on the right bottom corner of your computer screen.
- In the run window type control printers and click ok.
- Devices and Printers window will appear on your screen. Select your printer from there.
- Once you selected the printer, right click on it, a menu will show up.
- In that menu you will see option see what’s printing, click on it, a window will pop up that will show which document is stuck.
- Select that file, right click on it and you will see the option to cancel the document.
- Click on cancel and the printer will remove the print queue.
- Now, try to print any other document from your computer to see if the issue is resolved or not.
Service Error 79 turn off then on
If your HP printer displays this type of error 79, chances are it has experienced internal firmware error.
Here are the steps to fix this:
- Turn the printer’s power off
- Wait for at least 30 seconds or so
- Turn on the power again
- Wait for the printer to initialize
Note: If you are using a power surge protector, first remove it, then plug back the printer directly to the wall socket, before turning on the power again.
Clear All printing jobs
Too many printing jobs or long pending printing jobs may confuse the printer or makes it difficult for him to understand and command and it may give your services error 79. Remove all the printing jobs in the queue.
It is very common for us to forget to update the printer software. But for the smooth functioning of the printer, it is very vital to update them from time to time. Follow the instructions below to update your printer.
Outdated software is also responsible for hp printer service error 79:
- Go to your printer and press the home button to go to the home screen.
- From there press the settings menu. It will look like a gear icon.
- In settings menu navigate to setup service and press it.
- In service look for LaserJet update and press it.
- LaserJet update will display to options. Chose the one that says check for updates now.
- Now your printer will start checking for updates for your printer.
- If the printer finds any updates, it will start downloading them. That may take a few minutes to complete.
- Try to print any files once all process is complete to make sure 79 service error is solved on your hp printer.
Reset printer to fix hp service error 79:
- Turn the printer off by pressing the power button on the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and wall outlet.
- Wait for sixty seconds and turn on the printer.
Update The firmware
Start updating your printer firmware until you have deleted all of the pending printing work, carry out the following steps to do the same:
- Turn On your printer
- Connect the printer to the router through an ethernet cable to access the internet.
- Tap the “Network” icon on your printer’s control panel/screen.
- To make sure your printer is connected to the network, search the IP address.
- Go to the home screen and click on the “Settings” icon.
- Select Printer Update to check if any firmware updates are available.
- Download and install the firmware update.
Reinstall HP Printer drivers
Another feasible option is to uninstall and reinstall the printer system from your PC entirely. This solution allows you to uninstall all drivers and applications associated with HP and this shouldn’t be complicated. Here’s what you can do:
- In the Windows Search bar, type Control and open Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and remove all HP printer-related software.
- Right-click Start and open Device Manager.
- Under the Print queues, remove the HP device by uninstalling it.
- Restart your PC and wait for automatically mounted driver.
- Install the HP associated software again and, hopefully, that should be enough to fix the problem.
If you can’t wait and you’re going insane in such a rush. Then, you need to call the customer service. HP is a big business and sometimes people’s solutions don’t work and you need to find more solutions to solve your problems.
In that situation, what to do if your issue is not solved by this article. The care of HP Customer will surely give you the answer to the issue. You call this number and the technical specialists will assist you in solving the HP Printer issue. Now you understand how to solve the hp printer 79 service mistake.